Sunday, October 18, 2009

sloth

I've been feeling really unhealthy lately. I've been eating kind of badly. Not so much during the day at work, but when I get home. I have no time to grocery shop, therefore we have no food, therefore we order in. No matter how often you order in, it feels like a treat for some reason. Maybe that's left over from childhood, when 98% of my meals were at the kitchen table with my family. I need to feel better. I am thinking about doing a 3 day juice cleanse to get started, but I need to check to make sure it's ok with breastfeeding. I'm sure it is...oh, and it's really crazily expensive. But as a friend who is also considering the same cleanse said, "maybe the high cost incentivises" you to do it! Still, I have better things to spend my money on, like groceries! Haha.

I am going to take some steps to feel better. I'm going to grocery shop more. When I shop, I'm also going to buy ingredients to make at least 2 meals at home. That doesn't count easy things like spaghetti. These would be a few more detailed meals with say 5 ingredients or so. Maybe something I can put in the freezer. Oh, and salads. Johnny and I used to eat salads all the time and we stopped. Honestly I think we stopped because I don't like washing lettuce. I also don't like the chemical taste from cut up salad in a bag. I think I will buy romaine leaves and then just wash and cut enough for 2 days worth of salads. Another thing I will do is walk a little further for my lunch. I go about a block, 2 at the most. I'm going to go further. It's good exercise mainly, but it's good to clear your head and get fresh air. Angus is SO mobile and before I know it he's going to be running into traffic, so I need to get in shape and feel good so I cam keep up with him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't need a cleanse to feel better. You need to stop eating out as much but not altogether. Pick one meal a day to eat home cooked food. It's all the salt that's making you feel gross. On the weekend, make a big pot of black been vegie chili and a big pot of lentil soup. Bring either chili or soup for lunch. As far as bagged lettuce goes, I agree it's gross. I buy organic lettuce leaves in little plastic boxes - no gross chemical taste or we eat cole slaw. The bagged cole slaw doesn't have the chemical taste. We add fat free cole slaw dressing, cut up granny smith apples and walnuts - yummy. Make a big batch of that on the weekends, too and there's your lunches for the week. Eat your home made lunch at your desk for 15 minutes, then go for a 45 minute walk. WaH LAH! Love your cousin Diana xxx 000